Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy New year

STS9; Atlanta, GA; The Tabernacle; 12/31/08

No, those aren't doses falling from the ceiling of Atlanta's famed Tabernacle (see parking lot). That's not to say that things didn't get wild in this abandoned church-turned concert hall, though. Much to the contrary, the Tribe literally shook the foundation of The Tabernacle, and certainly led me, and the rest of the crowd, through a 4-day (yeah, that's right amigos) journey of epic proportions. Now that my brain is back at full speed and my wits are about me, I can't help but wish for anyone reading this an STS9 experience as amazing as my own. Seriously guys, GO SEE THEM.

But the Tribe weren't the only cool cats laying down the beats and ringing in the New Year. They had a plethora of other ill-nana acts to keep them, and the rest of us, grooving before, during, and even after the shows. Amongst them, DJ Rootz and Kap10 Harris kept the party alive in between every Tribe set all 4 nights in a row, and made a fan out of me immediately. Even crazier than those guys, Diplo laid down the dirtiest hip-hop/electro beats that I've ever witnessed...and I can't believe I'm saying this, but he even made Lil' Wayne sound good. Closing out the long list of openers was Tennessee's own Pnuma Trio, who kept things bumping on New Year's Eve even before STS9 took the stage. These guys are dirty. Check them out. NOW.

Other Accompanying Acts To Check Out:

-Pretty Lights
-Bonobo
-Daedelus
-Telepath

No comments:

Post a Comment